Interested In Acid Reflux & GERD Remedies?

As a sufferer of acid reflux or GERD, you may be taking pills, and you may have been taking them for a very long time. This can start to become expensive. You might even wonder what the long-term effects of taking medication might be. Acid reflux is a common ailment, with natural remedies becoming popular methods of keeping symptoms under control. Many believe that ginger offers an effective acid reflux remedy, helping to ease symptoms.

Ginger is a natural product that you probably already have in your kitchen, and you may be familiar with it. You can but ginger in its whole root form or as ground ginger. Ginger is very popular in Chinese and Asian cuisine, and is a very versatile plant root and if it helps with acid reflux, tthen hat is one more great use it can have.

You may already have had some experience with using ginger as a digestive remedy. Though not as common today, many moms used to give flat ginger ale to their children when they had an upset stomach.

The ginger in the drink would calm and sooth the stomach. It was important that it was flat, because the carbonation would have the opposite affect. Many moms swore by that remedy, and many still do. Also, ginger has long been used as an effective anti-nausea treatment and pregnant women find it helpful to combat morning sickness. So if you suffer with nausea as a symptom of acid reflux ginger can offer help with that too.

You may find that if you add a this acid reflux remedy to your daily routine your symptoms will abate. Some recommend that if you have at least 500 mgs of ginger with a meal you will see a reduction in your reflux symptoms. Ginger also helps to soothe indigestion and decrease gas.

If you want to try something other than a ginger supplement you can make your own ginger tea. You can buy this is the store, but when you make it on your own, you can be sure it is pure and fresh. Simply buy a ginger root (you can find it in the produce section at the store), peel about half and inch, slice finely and add to hot water and steep. Once you are done, you have a lovely tea you can have before each meal to help with your indigestion and reflux problems. If the taste is not that palatable for you add a small amount of natural honey. Try Manuka honey as this has good antibacterial properties.

Another benefit of a ginger acid reflux remedy is that ginger can help your stomach work more efficiently. During digestion the walls of the stomach move, and ginger acts as a stimulant for this process. It doesn’t mean your stomach will cramp from the motions, it just means the gentle movement needed will be enhanced. This results in faster digestion, and usually less problems with acid, gas, as your food will not be sitting there making you feel bloated and uncomfortable.

Ginger is one natural remedy that you should be able to try as there are no known side effects, and you should be able to tell rather quickly if this is something that is going to work for you. However, it may interact with other medications so make sure you speak to your doctor before supplementing with this natural root.

Sign-Up Below For Your Free Copy of The Stop Acid Reflux Now Newsletter & Discover...”

How To Manage Acid Reflux, Heartburn and GERD Immediately With 7 Simple, Step By Step Natural Treatments.
Which Natural Home Remedies Bring Fast And Effective Relief.
The 3 Most Common Telltale Signs and Symptoms Of Acid Reflux, GERD and Heartburn and What Really Works...
Why Diet Can Have Such An Impact On Your Acid Reflux, Heartburn and GERD Symptoms.
And much, much, much more!!

Directions: It's easy. Simply type in your first name and primary email address in the spaces below, and then click "Click Here For FREE Access!" Go ahead right now...

Enter Your Name:

Enter Your Email Address:

We respect your privacy and your information
will always be kept confidential - Privacy Statement.
You may unsubscribe at any time.

13 Responses

1. October 11th, 2007 | 8:02 pm

Anyone know how much dried/powered ginger in hot water would produce an effective tea?

2. Silvia Ambrose
    October 11th, 2007 | 8:58 pm

What a good idea, will try it tomorrow and let you know if it is helpful. I have been away for a month and since being back have not shopped properly and just eaten what is around easily and I feel SO uncomfortable. I’m annoyed with myself because I know I can control it when I try. Anyway thanks.
    Silvia Ambrose

3. Peggy Yell
    October 11th, 2007 | 11:16 pm

Dear Mrs. Kathryn,

I have already switched from my morning coffee to Ginseng Extractum (Red Panax), and I feel a little better. I sweeten it with organic honey, avoid spicy food and eat, indeed, lots of things that is recommended. I believe that I could cure myself, however, I am on narcotic painkiller since years, and that is the source of my burning. I feel it each time I take a pill, but what can I do? I suffer from so bad back pain, but won’t go for surgery. thus, the painkillers, Vicodin. Therefore, I am afraid, I will always have Reflux as long as I use the meds.

Warm Greetings,
    Peggy

4. pauline
    October 12th, 2007 | 9:28 am

I have suffered from reflux for a long time now and have found that if i drink ginger on a regular basis,, especially after having something spicy it helps! I love Indian and Mexican food i can now eat it with very little effect, a ginger ale flattened after my meal always seems to do the trick I use the fiery ginger it seems to have more Ginger extract in it .considering ayear ago I was on Lansoprazole 30mg daily and now I am taking nothing. I can truthfully say that the last pill I had was over 9 mths ago. I have no need to take anything, try it ! you still have to be careful what you eat but a spicy treat every now and again is a boon

5. Maurice Henegan
    October 12th, 2007 | 10:53 am

Hi,

I have had an acid stomach problem for 25 years, and last year it took a turn for the worse. I rarely get reflux symptoms and so I don’t know whether the remedies you prescribe are relevant to me. I used to drink Dandilion Coffee as my hot drink, but now have trouble with that also. I am reluctant to try different potions in case it makes me worse. I have made some progress with recovery taking Lansaprozole and Gaviscon, and have gradually reduced the dose of the former because I am concerned about possible side effects. I am still a long way from getting back to the not ideal, but reasonably controlled state I was in last year. Can you give me some indication as to whether your remedies are appropriate to acid stomach sufferers?

Thanks in advance for your help, Maurice

6. Tia Davis or Keiesha Davis
    October 12th, 2007 | 8:14 pm

Do you buy ginger in a bottle or is it a fruit you peel!

7. October 14th, 2007 | 3:04 pm

Tia or Keiesha - You can purchase Ginger Root, peel and grate it yourself, purchase it dried as a powder, ready chopped in a jar or as ginger syrup - You can even buy ready prepared ginger tea. Here is an example of a syrup we have found that is popular:

Pam - For ginger tea try starting with 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger being added to 1 cup of boiling water. Cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes. You can add more a little more later on - but start with 1 teaspoon to see how well it works for you. Add honey for sweetness if you prefer.

Maurice - I can really understand your concern. The complementary options I mention on my site are all either backed by scientific studies, or at least have strong anecdotal evidence supporting them… And for the majority of people do not have any adverse side effects.

That being said - I can’t say if they will have an adverse effect for you personally as everyone’s acid reflux and digestion reacts differently.

I can tell you that Ginger has been used for thousands of years and does have good scientific studies and anecdotal evidence to show that it is good for digestion.

But my recommendation is that if you want to try it out to see if it works for you - Start with a small amount and build up.

Pauline - That is great news. I’m VERY pleased you have found something that works for you.

Peggy - Thanks for taking the time to comment. Natural methods can and do work with Acid Reflux as you’re finding - But I understand what you say when you are stuck on medication that makes the symptoms worse. it sounds like you are having a bit of a constant battle to keep things in check. Is there nothing else your doctor can recommend for your back pain?

8. John McDougall
    October 20th, 2007 | 8:28 pm

Your readers may like to know that Ginger Ale sold in large chain stores in
    Canada and the US does not contain Ginger it is called Dry Ginger Ale.
    Golden Ginger Ale does contain Ginger but is in very low production and in
    only very select areas at least here in Canada

9. October 26th, 2007 | 7:29 pm

Thanks for your comments John.

10. Judy
    December 16th, 2007 | 8:15 pm

Hi! On Nov. 20th I had Nissen surgery. I still have the symptoms that I had pre op. My surgeon, who has done 1000 of these, tells me to be patient. Anyone else have this fundoplication surgery? Nothing would work for me–natural or the “nexium” family of drugs. Thank you!

11. Joanne
    January 18th, 2008 | 12:07 am

Like Judy, I am considering surgery. I am not sure I want to do it. I have tried some natural things, including ginger tea. I am concerned that ginger may cause heart palpatations. What have you heard? I am even considering a holistic doctor but I have a lot of faith in my gastro doctor. However, I feel consulting with a holistic doctor, can’t heart. I do dring liquid Aloe Vera to soothe my throat. Can’t hurt.

12. March 20th, 2008 | 5:09 pm

My husband has the problem of diarrhea, and stomach pains and acid reflux since january. The doctors have given many medication but diarrhea is still occuring. Any assistance would be appreciated.

13. March 21st, 2008 | 7:34 am

Delisa - I’m really sorry to hear that your husband’s suffering at the moment. It sounds like there is more involved with his symptoms than just acid reflux. Therefore the best advice I can give would be to go back to the doctors, explain the diarrhea is continuing and ask for the medications to be adjusted. I’m sorry I can’t help further. Best wishes to you and your husband.